In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

L.C. Bates Museum/Good Will-Hinckley

Quincy Manual Training building, Fairfield, 1911

Contributed by L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
MMN Item 7459 Item Details
Quincy Manual Training building, Fairfield, 1911
MMN Item 7459 Zoom

Description

The Quincy Manual Training Building at the Good Will Farm, an orphanage in Fairfield, was dedicated on July 27, 1903.

It has a printing press, laundry, offices of the Good Will Home Association, carpentry and woodworking shops, an iron working shop, and rooms for mechanical drawing and chemistry.

The last industrial classes were taught in 1914. The building then became the L.C. Bates Museum.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.