Started as the Good Will-Hinckley Homes for Boys & Girls in 1889, the facility originally served to house and educate impoverished or orphaned children. Its focus has changed over the years.
The Good-Will Hinckley campus covers 2,450 acres and includes such amenities as the L.C. Bates Museum, a Carnegie Library, an organic farm, The Alfond Recreation Center, Moody Chapel, and several athletic fields.
Moody Chapel was built in 1897 and expanded in 1927. The L.C. Bates Museum occupies the old Romanesque Revival schoolhouse, originally built in 1903. The museum describes itself as a "natural history and cultural museum."
Selected L.C. Bates Museum/Good Will-Hinckley images:
- Moody Chapel, Good Will-Hinckley Home for Boys and Girls
- Auditorium, Good Will Farm, Fairfield
- Camping at Goodwill Pines, Clinton, 1911
- Quincy Manual Training building, Fairfield, 1911
- Groundbreaking for Prescott Memorial Building, 1912
- George Walter Hinckley with Good Will boys, Fairfield, 1893
- Good Will Farm Train Station, Fairfield, 1917
- First Good Will Home orphans, Fairfield, 1889
- Good Will boy on stilts
- Good Will students woodworking, ca. 1925
- Good Will boys and pumpkins, Fairfield, 1919
- Ed Danelson, Fairfield, ca. 1917